- Street: new delhi
- City: new delhi
- State: National Capital Territory of Delhi
- Country: INDIA
- Zip/Postal Code: ..
- Listed: October 24, 2014 5:39 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Iskcon, East of Kailash has developed Vedic Expo , Asias only technology center promoting Vedic Sciences and culturewherein a very high technology usage of Audio ,visual presentation of Bhagvat Gita is depicted with lights and sound used for creating historical effect and a very interesting tourist attraction as we are the only one in Delhi showcasing this.
We have another show on Mahabharata and also a complete robotics show . The whole ambience of the temple is very attractive with ongoing devotional chants, fountains and gift shops. We have a Govinda’s restaurant serving high quality vegetarian food and has become land mark for foodies in Delhi.
Iskcon in Delhi has eight temples across Delhi and our main temple at East of Kailash which is known as “Glory of India-Cultural Center” is spread in 3 acre area .Today we have around 10 lakh people who visit our Temple in a year. Iskcon is present in 77 countries with over 600 temples, 65 farm communities, 30 education centres and more than 100 restaurants.
What is ISKCON?
The International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) is the spiritual institution founded by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada in July 1966 as a continuation of the Brahma-Madhva-Gaudiya sampradaya. ISKCON was personally directed by its Founder-Acarya Srila Prabhupada until his departure on November 14, 1977.
ISKCON belongs to the Gaudiya-Vaishnava sampradaya, or denomination, a monotheistic tradition within the broad Hindu culture. It is scripturally based on the 5,000-year-old Sanskrit text Bhagavad-gita.
In ISKCON’s incorporating document, Srila Prabhupada imparts the “Seven Purposes of ISKCON”:
(1) To systematically propagate spiritual knowledge to society at large and to educate all peoples in the techniques of spiritual life in order to check the imbalance of values in life and to achieve real unity and peace in the world.
(2) To propagate a consciousness of Krishna as it is revealed in the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad Bhagavatam.
(3) To bring the members of the Society together with each other and nearer to Krishna, the prime entity, and thus to develop the idea, within the members, and humanity, at large, that each soul is part and parcel of the quality of Godhead (Krishna).
(4) To teach and encourage the Sankirtan movement of congregational chanting of the holy name of God as revealed in the teachings of Lord Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.
(5) To erect for the members, and for society at large, a holy place of transcendental pastimes, dedicated to the personality of Krishna.
(6) To bring the members closer together for the purpose of teaching a simpler and more natural way of life.
(7) With a view towards achieving the aforementioned purposes, to publish and distribute periodicals, magazines, books and other writings.
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.